Glory, praise, honour, and thanksgiving to the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit!
June is the month devoted to the Sacred Heart of Jesus. Our Lord, appearing to St. Margaret Mary Alacoque, promised particular graces to those who practice the First Fridays devotion to his Sacred Heart. The twelve promises and the devotion were approved by Pope Leo XIII.
In 1673, Our Lord said to St. Margaret Mary, “My Divine Heart is so passionately fond of the human race… that it cannot keep back the pent-up flames of its burning charity any longer. They must burst out through you and reveal my Heart to the world, so as to enrich mankind with my precious treasures.”
2. I will establish peace in their homes.
3. I will comfort them in all their afflictions.
4. I will be their secure refuge during life, and above all, in death.
5. I will bestow abundant blessings upon all their undertakings.
6. Sinners will find in my Heart the source and infinite ocean of mercy.
7. Lukewarm souls shall become fervent.
8. Fervent souls shall quickly mount to high perfection.
9. I will bless every place in which an image of my Heart is exposed and honored.
10. I will give to priests the gift of touching the most hardened hearts.
11. Those who shall promote this devotion shall have their names written in my Heart.
12. I promise you in the excessive mercy of my Heart that my all-powerful love will grant to all those who receive Holy Communion on the First Fridays in nine consecutive months the grace of final perseverance; they shall not die in my disgrace, nor without receiving the Sacraments. My Divine Heart shall be their safe refuge in this last moment.